It feels like it was just last week that I was saying, "I can't believe its already September". So the fact that it is already October, blows my mind. In terms of beauty products, I started using a lot of new eye products this past month, and 4 of them quickly became new favourites. As for face and lip products, I found a couple of new favourites, but tended to stick with items from previous monthly favourites posts. Here are my September favourites:
1) Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in 'Classic Ivory': This foundation has quickly become my new favourite. Not only is it incredibly smooth and creamy, it gives a full coverage and is cheap. The packaging isn't great but I don't really buy my foundation based on the way it looks. The only problem with this foundation is that it is not yet sold in Canada, and therefore, I have to drive to the US to buy it.
2) N.Y.C Cheek Glow Blush in 'Cherry Blossom': I bought this blush recently on a trip to the states (they don't sell this one in Canada either). The blush's berry colour is the perfect shade for fall and because of its glow, this product can act as both a blush and a highlighter. The only downside to this blush is that it is does not have a lot pigmentation and therefore needs to be layered to bring out more colour.
1) Eos Lipbalm in 'Honeysuckle Honeydew': Originally I only wanted this lipbalm because of its packaging (apparently I do buy lip products because of their packaging). It was hard to track down (yet another product not sold in Canada) and I made my mom and sister make several stops on our way to Nashville this summer so I could get my hands on it. Turns out it has a lot more to offer than its packaging. It is extremely smooth, very moisturizing and it smells amazing. I use this every night before bed to keep my lips moisturized and to prevent flaking.
1) Urban Decay Smoke Out Eye Pencil in 'Black': This pencil was sent to me by my friend Kim after I sent her a MAC warehouse sale ticket (Thanks Kim!). I am so in love with this pencil. I have always had a hard time applying pencil eyeliner, but this pencil is so soft and smooth it makes it easy to apply. This pencil has two ends, the pencil, and a sponge tip for blending the liner into the lash line. I have been using this liner every day and love the way it looks on my eyes. I tried looking for these pencils in other colours, but it seems they have been discontinued. If you know of any place that sells them, please let me know in the comment section below.
2)Wet n' Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow in 'Brulee': I mentioned in a recent post that I have been really impressed with Wet n' Wild and the products they have recently put out. This eyeshadow is no exception. Brulee is a matte beige colour that when blended into the eyelid creates a perfect base. This eyeshadow reminds me of MAC's 'Orb' (another favourite) and is great for blending out darker eyeshadow colours.
3)Wet n' Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow in 'Nutty': This eyeshadow would have to be my favourite from the Wet n' Wild collection of shadows. I would describe the colour as a shimmering taupe. It is similar to MAC's 'Satin Taupe', but personally I think it applied more smoothly. At just under $3.00, this eyeshadow is a steal. If you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend you do.
4)MAC's Eyeshadow in 'Poison Pen': I bought this super smoky purple eyeshadow at the MAC warehouse sale I went to in the beginning of September. Since then, I would say I have used this colour at least 3 times a week. It works well with so many different eyeshadow colours. I especially like to use it with purple, brown or grey eyeshadow looks. For some reason I thought this colour was being re-released with the Venomous Villains collection, but unfortunately I was wrong. It is not sold as part of MAC's permanent collection either.
1) O.P.I Nail Polish in 'Over the Taupe': I bought this nail polish last fall and completely forgot I had it until I was looking for a polish to take to the nail salon. 'Over the Taupe' combines all of the current nail colour trends into one bottle. Depending on the way the light hits the bottle, this polish can look brown, grey or purple making it the perfect shade of taupe. I know there is a lot of buzz about Chanel's 'Particuliere' and Sephora's 'Metro Chic', but for me, O.P.I's 'Over the Taupe' beats both of them.
Having just started a 'Project 5 Pan', I hope that I will re-discover a lot of old products during the month of October and be able to share them with you in my next monthly favourites post.
Let me know what your September favourites have been in the comment section below.