When I first started blogging just over a year ago, I didn't really know what to expect. Yes, I figured the friends and family who I
forced asked to read my blog would, but I really wasn't sure anyone else would. One year later, I can definitely say that starting this blog is one of the best things I have ever done. For a year I have felt nothing but support from my subscribers and after having had a number of bad years in my life, blogging and reading all of your comments is something I can always look forward to.
To show my appreciation to all of my subscribers, I have put together a big "one-year of blogging" giveaway. I know a lot of people have strong opinions when it comes to holding/entering a giveaway, and so I very quickly wanted to share my own feelings on the matter. Do I only hold giveaways in order to get more subscribers? Absolutely not!! My foremost reason for holding giveaways has and always will be to thank my subscribers for their wonderful support. I never make posting/tweeting, etc. about my giveaways mandatory. Obviously, like any beauty blogger out there, I would love for new subscribers to find out about and read my blog and so I give chances for extra entries for sharing my giveaway with others. While I know many people will subscribe for the giveaway, I hope that they will stay because they like reading my posts. Onto the actual giveaway prizes, rules and ways to enter:
The Balm's Shady Lady Vol. 2 Eyeshadow Palette
Figuring that a large majority of my subscribers already own Urban Decay's 'Naked Palette', I decided to give away another one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes. The Balm's Shady Lady palette consists of nine very creamy, super pigmented (I would say even more pigmented than MAC or Urban Decay) shadows in a variety of colours.
Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cutie Fragrance in 'Love'
To be honest, I have yet to try any of the Harujuku Lovers perfume, but when I saw how cute the packaging of this fragrance was, I knew I had to include it in my giveaway. Here is what the Frangrantica website says about the scent: A fruity floral Top: Nectarine, Passion Fruit, Lemon Blossom Mid: Plumeria, Osmanthus, Rose Petals Base: Vanilla Orchid, Coconut Water, Sensual Musk, Sandalwood.
OCC Lip Tars and Loose Colour
At IMATS New York back in April, I was graciously given a press pack of two OCC lip tars and two OCC loose colour shadows. Figuring that I already have enough makeup in my collection (including many items from OCC), I decided to keep the package and include it in my giveaway. This package includes:
1) OCC Lip Tar in 'Interlace': With a subtle hint of peach, this warm neutral lip tar is perfect for a variety of skin tones.
2) OCC Lip Tar in 'Trollop': This bright pink-coral lip tar is one of OCC's more popular colours and perfect for summer.
3) OCC Loose Colour in 'Bitmap': This super shimmery medium green loose shadow is stunning yet subtle enough for those who are afraid of too much colour.
4) OCC Loose Colour in 'Distortion': With extremely fine pink and light blue glitter, this navy blue loose eyeshadow is the perfect colour for a vampy, smoky eye look. This is definitely one colour I will be picking up for myself at IMATS Toronto.
Jesse's Girl Lipgloss and Eyeshadow
As part of a gift with purchase at IMATS NYC, I received these two products and decided to keep them for my giveaway (once again, I didn't need more makeup).
1) Jesse's Girl Formula 13 Lipgloss in 'Papaya': This super shimmery pink-coral lipgloss is packed with fine pink and gold glitter.
2) Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eyeshadow in 'Ocean Breeze': With its dark blue veins, this light blue baked eyeshadow gives the eye a very metallic look.
Part 5: MAC Eyeshadows
1) MAC Mineralized Eyeshadow duo in 'Family Silver': This light eyeshadow has both a light and darker grey shadow with copper veining running through both sides.
2) MAC Eyeshadow in 'Golden Crown': Released with MAC's Holiday 2010 collection, this medium gold shadow has medium chunks of golden glitter.
3) MAC Mineralized Eyeshadow in 'Sea & Sky': This mineralized eyeshadow has both a light blue with teal veining and shimmery dark blue side (** I love this duo and am wearing it today **).
4) MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow in 'Peek-At-You': Released with MAC's recent 'Peacocky' collection, this light golden-beige shadow is the perfect highlight colour.
5) MAC Eyeshadow in 'Lustreleaf': This super mint green eyeshadow with silver undertones is very shiny, giving the eye a metallic effect.
6) MAC Eyeshadow in 'Bitter': This bright lime green shadow is packed with super fine gold glitter and is definitely not for the faint of heart.
Part 6: MAC Lip Products
1) MAC Cremesheen Glass in 'Boy Bait': Everyone knows how much I love MAC's Cremesheen glasses. Not only are they super moisturizing, they are not at all sticky and give the lips a gorgeous sheen. This nude pink-beige is one of my favourite colours from MAC.
2) MAC Lipglass in 'Astro Cool': This translucent pink gloss is packed with pink and purple glitter.
3) MAC Lipglass in 'Queen Bee': This orange-coral gloss has flecks of pink and iridescent green glitter.
4) MAC Lipglass in 'Naked Frost': This metallic-like golden brown gloss is gorgeous when worn alone or on top of a darker brown lipstick.
5) MAC Lipglass in 'Love Child': This deep plummy purple gloss is full of finely milled golden glitter and is perfect for the upcoming fall and winter months.
6) MAC Lipglass in 'Nymphette': As one of MAC's most popular lip products, this medium pink gloss has a golden iridescent sheen which looks amazing on the lips.
7) MAC Lipstick in 'Alibi': This orange-red coral lipstick is subtle enough for those who don't like a bold lip, but colourful enough for this summer's coral trend.
Part 7: MAC Miscellaneous Products
1) MAC Blush in 'Eversun': With its finely milled gold glitter, this deep bronze blush has definitely been a favourite of mine this summer.
2) MAC Pigment in 'Madly Personal': With its super hot pink-berry colour, this pigment can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks.
3) MAC Pro Longlash Mascara: This black, lengthening mascara has a super thin brush making it easy to coat all of your lashes.
4) MAC False Lashes in '#41': With their criss-crossed hair, these lashes are by far my favourite from MAC as they add subtle length to your natural lashes.
***Please read all rules, I really don't want to disqualify anyone, but it's hard to count entries when someone hasn't followed all of the rules so please read them. Just to note, if you post your entries in separate comments, all entries will be placed together in my excel spreadsheet. One comment listing all of your entries is great!***
1) You must be a subscriber to my blog (If your subscriber name is different from the name shown on your comment please let me know so I don't discount your entries). Please no Anonymous comments.
2) Please leave your email address at the bottom of your comment so I can contact you if you win.
3) This contest is international, anyone from anywhere can win.
4) The giveaway will run for 3 weeks and end August 11th, 2011. Due to some confusion on my part, I have pushed back the entry deadline to August 19th, 2011.
There are several ways to enter. You can do all of the following to earn 5 entries in total. Please let me know which things you have done in your comment so I can properly count your entries (if you want to count them for me, that's awesome too!)
1) Mandatory Entry: Tell me what your favourite type of post to read is in general. (counts for 1 entry).
3) Follow me on twitter here. Leave your twitter name in the comment section below (counts for 1 extra entry) **If you want to post about the giveaway on twitter, it would be very much appreciated, but I am too technologically challenged to keep track of it, so it won't count for an extra entry**
4) Post my giveaway in your sidebar. Include the picture at the top of this post. Leave the link in the comment section (counts for 1 extra entry).
5) Write a post about my giveaway. Include the picture at the top of this post. Leave a link in the comment section below (counts for 1 extra entry). **You can do a post and a sidebar for 2 entries total**
6) Make a video about my giveaway. Leave a link in the comment section (counts for 1 extra entry)
Thank you so much for your support!