It's that time of the month again...July favourites. This month I have been keeping things pretty simple by using the same products almost every day. July has been unbearably hot where I live and babysitting for two kids means that I need to keep my look easy and somewhat sweat proof. Being on a P10P has also put me in a bit of a makeup rut, but I am glad to say that I have nearly finished a few different products and hope to be able to buy some new things in the next couple of months. In the meantime, here are my July favourites:
1) Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer in '#51': I never thought I would find a bronzer I liked more than Chanel's Tan de Soleil cream bronzer but, alas I have. Not only does this bronzer smell amazing (smells just like a chocolate bar), it is the perfect colour for my fair skin and does not leave even a hint of the dreaded 'fake bake' orange colour on my skin. This is something I have been using every single day this month and I know I will be buying some backups as soon as I am done my P10P.
2) Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in 'Flush': I've had this cheek stain for probably at least 4 years (probably not the most hygienic, I know) and have hardly made a dent in it. Flush is a gorgeous bright berry blush that blends flawlessly into the skin giving the cheeks a natural looking glow. Because it is a stain, it can be worn heavier or sheered out depending on the desired look. Like the Bourjois bronzer, this cheek stain is scented and smells like a mixture of summer fruits. My only problem with this cheek stain is that it melts very quickly, so it needs to be stored in a cool, dry area.
3) Annabelle 4 Show Eyeshadow Quad in 'Tiger Eye': When I first received this eyeshadow quad in a swag bag from the Toronto Beauty Bloggers I went to back in March, I honestly thought it looked cheap. I figured the shadows wouldn't be very pigmented and it would be hard to use just one colour from the quad, without all of the colours intermixing. I shoved it into the back of my makeup drawer and forgot about it until the beginning of this month when I decided to give it a try. All I can say is, never judge a book by its cover (or an eyeshadow quad by its case). All four shades in this quad are gorgeously pigmented and apply like a dream. Each colour can stand on its own, but when put together, they create a gorgeous golden smokey summer eye. I love this quad so much that I've been including it in some of the packages I have been sending to fellow beauty bloggers. If you live in Canada, definitely check this quad out.
4) Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer: In 'beauty blogging', there are two kinds of people: those who love and swear by Urban Decay's Primer Potion and those who much prefer Too Faced's Shadow Insurance. Sadly, all of my UDPP friends, I have switched to the other side. I am in LOVE with the Too Faced eye primer. Not only does it seamlessly blend onto the eyelids (UDPP sometimes sits in my eye creases), it is super creamy, feels nice on the lids and keeps my eyeshadow on ALL day (UDPP only worked in combination with MAC's 'Painterly' Paint Pot for me). This will definitely be a re-purchase for me.
5) MAC Powder Eyeshadow in 'Femme Fi': To be honest, I have a number of shadows that can be used as brow bone highlighters and usually just reach for which ever one is most accessible. This month's main highlighter of choice has been MAC's 'Femme Fi', a limited edition light gold shadow with a great sheen. Unfortunately this colour was limited edition, but MAC has several similar shadows including 'Nylon' and 'Rice Paper'.
6) MAC Powder Eyeshadow in 'Soft Brown': MAC's 'Soft Brown' eyeshadow has definitely been my favourite product of the month, and one that I have used every single day without fail. This light brown shadow has a somewhat peachy-undertone and works perfectly as a crease colour, adding definition to almost any eyeshadow look. This shadow can be used in conjunction with purple, pink, brown, green, etc. eyeshadow combinations, but my favourite look is when it is used in the crease with a smokey grey lid (thing Urban Decay's gunmetal). This has quickly become my new favourite MAC shadow (sorry Club!) and I would highly recommend you add this to your collection.
7) Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in 'Papaya': I have been keeping my lips pretty simple this month and have only been using two gloss products. The first (and probably my favourite) is Revlon's Colourburst Lipgloss in 'Papaya'. This super bright pink-coral gloss is very moisturizing (not at all sticky) and gives the lips a really nice sheen. Because this gloss is so pigmented, the lips get a full burst of colour (so may not work for those who are afraid of too much colour). One thing I love about this gloss is that its doe-foot applicator is bendable, making it easy to apply gloss at the corners of the mouth without a big mess.
8) Korres Lip Butter in 'Quince': I love Korres Lip Butters. Not only are they super moisturizing (they are infused with shea butter), they all smell amazing (especially the Jasmine one) and give the lips a nice, light stain of colour. 'Quince' is a hot red-pink balm that gives the lips a beautiful "I just ate a pink popsicle" look that is perfect for summer. Unlike the Revlon Colourburst gloss, this lip balm is not very pigmented and needs to be built-up for a more colourful look. If you have yet to try any of the Korres Lip Butter, check them out the next time you are in Sephora.
9) Orly Nail Polish (Hot Shot and Frisky featured above): While I still love Essie (a past favourite), I have fallen madly in love with Orly's nail polishes. They are super pigmented (you only need 1 coat usually), apply smoothly (especially helpful for someone like me who can't apply polish to save my life) and are super easy to remove (seriously a huge benefit when you have acrylic nails). I currently only own 4 different colours from the brand but definitely plan on stocking up on some more bottles in the near future.
4 Show Tiger Eye, Femme Fi, Soft Brown
Papaya, Quince, #51, Flush
Hot Shot, Frisky
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? What were your favourites for the month? If you did a monthly favourites post, leave the link in the comment section so I can check it out.