Monday, May 07, 2012
Monday Q&A #27
One of my favourite bloggers, Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog, does a weekly poll on her blog encouraging readers to take part. Every Monday, I will be posting my answers to her questions on my blog, and hope that you will join me by making your own post, or leaving your answers to the following questions in the comment section below.
1) Mood: Exhausted. The last couple of days have been very busy (although I really haven't been doing anything important), and all I feel like doing is lying in bed and watching 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'. Unfortunately, I have a workout with my trainer tonight...Boo!
2) What’s your current favorite eye look?: I really like a neutral smoky eye. A light lid (usually MAC's 'Blanc Type'), a medium brown crease (usually MAC's 'Haux' or 'Wedge') and a dark outer-v (usually MAC's 'Handwritten').
3) What’s your favorite fried food?: Hmmm...I'm not usually fan of deep fried food as it gives me a bad stomach ache. I have had a deep fried Mars bar a couple of times and have to admit that it was really good!
4) The next book on your reading list?: My favourite author, Jen Lancaster, just came out with her latest memoir called "Jenneration X', so I really want to pick that one up (or download it on to my ereader). I also really want to read the newest Sophie Kinsella book called 'I've Got Your Number', the newest Jane Green book called 'Another Piece of My Heart' and the new Jodi Picoult book called 'Lone Wolf'. I also have a ton of books I bought at both garage and book sales last summer that I really need to read.
5) How’s your sense of direction?: I think it's pretty good. I used to be horrible with directions. I once got on a city bus that was supposed to take me to my house (a ten minute ride), and only clued in that I was totally on the wrong bus after an hour and a half of riding around the city. These days I can have a good idea of where I am/where I am going and am usually the one who gives the directions to my sisters/friends.
6) Do you think people can change?: I don't know. I would like to think that people can change, but to be completely honest, a lot of the friendships I've had in the past five or so years would tell me much differently.
7) Your favorite lipstick of all time?: I would have to go with a super bright lipstick, and say, either MAC's 'Impassioned' (a neon pink) or MAC's 'Vegas Volt' (a bright coral-orange).
8) What’s for lunch?: I already ate lunch. I went out with my sister Krista, her boyfriend and my friend Kerri to a local burger place. It's actually a really cool place. They have over 50 different kinds of burgers (well topping combinations), and their milkshakes (or any of their drinks) come in big measuring cups. They also have really good veggie burgers (I am a vegetarian).
9) What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?: Even if you are scared, do as many adventurous and wild things as you can. I was never the type that would want to travel the world, or sky dive, but now that I fibromyalgia, and would have a hard time physically doing those things, they are all I can think about.
10) Weekly goals: Avoid going out in public?! I am getting my second chemical/facial peel tomorrow, and can't wear any makeup for the next five or so days.
If you decide to answer the questions, leave your responses or the link to your responses in the comment section below.
Hope you all have a great week.