Monday, June 18, 2012
Monday Q&A #33
One of my favourite bloggers, Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog, does a weekly poll on her blog encouraging readers to take part. Every Monday, I will be posting my answers to her questions on my blog, and hope that you will join me by making your own post, or leaving your answers to the following questions in the comment section below.
1. Mood: Annoyed. I have been wanting to get tickets for the Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan concert that is coming to Toronto, for ages. Somehow I missed out on the original sell date, and now all of the tickets are going for $300+ each (which I can't/won't pay). Today I found someone who had really great seats that they were willing to sell for a really good price. The only problem? They weren't able to show me a picture of the tickets because they were at work, and wanted me to send the money via Western Union by 8pm tonight. It was all a little weird, so I mentioned that I didn't want to send money until I had proof that the tickets were real. Apparently, the seller didn't like that (probably because they were fake), so he wrote me an email saying that he was going to call the cops on me and post all over kijiji (like craig's list) that I was 'a hoax'. Huh?! Needless to say, I am back at square one. I am determined to go to this concert and refuse to give up. I will get tickets one way or another :)
2. Who makes your favorite hand cream?: Vaseline Intensive Rescue Extra Strength. This is the only hand cream I use. It is unscented which I love, and it is not at all greasy or sticky. I keep a bottle on my bedside table and can't sleep until I have moisturized both my hands and feet (a little OCD, but whatever).
3. What are your favorite slang words/phrases?: I can't really think of any. I say 'Oy Vey' a lot which is a Yiddish saying for 'oh no'.
4. Are you able to do detailed desk work while listening to music?: Not too detailed. I can do things like formatting blog posts, or editing pictures while I am listening to music, but when it comes to actually writing a post, I need complete silence.
5. What’s guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?: Almost anything. I am a big eye roller, especially when listening to a lecture from my parents.
6. What’s a makeup or beauty product that reminds you of someone?: I have a Mehron powder blush palette that I bought at IMATS NYC. I friend Camille bought the same one (at the same time) so I often think of her when using it.
7. Where do you go for good ice cream?: Ice cream is my weakness, so there are a lot of good places out there. Right now I really like the London Ice Cream factory. They have a flavour called Black Raspberry Bugaboo which is AMAZING!
8. Would you rather see or be seen?: I would definitely rather see.
9. Time to style your raggedy mop. Where do you go?: Haha, is it sad that I thought we were actually talking about a mop for a minute there? I'm tired! My friend Amanda has a small salon in her house called Cutz to Colour. She does a great job with my cut and colour and is extremely inexpensive (so much so that we tell her she needs to start charging more money!).
10. Weekly goals: I would like to start posting good blog posts every day again. I managed to do it a couple of months ago and I need to make myself get back into the swing of things.
If you decide to answer the questions, leave your responses or the link to your responses in the comment section below.
Hope you all have a great week.