One of my favourite bloggers, Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog, does a weekly poll on her blog encouraging readers to take part. Every Monday, I will be posting my answers to her questions on my blog, and hope that you will join me by making your own post, or leaving your answers to the following questions in the comment section below.
1. Mood: Not great. As those who follow my weight loss blog (you can check it out here) know, I started my pre-op diet of meal replacement shakes (gross!) and vegetables (only cucumber, lettuce, brocoli, mushrooms and asparagus) four days ago. While feeling hungry constantly is not fun, the worst symptoms of this diet have been extreme nausea, bloating, dizziness and a general lack of energy. I have 11 more days of this diet (and until I have surgery), so hopefully things get better soon.
2. Your favorite frozen treat?: This is a cruel question for someone on this diet...haha. I can definitely say my favourite frozen treats ARE NOT the slimtime chocolate meal replacement shakes! To be serious though, I love love love ice cream especially cookies and cream, happy birthday and black raspberry bugaboo (goodbye my friends).
3. What energizes you?: I think hanging out with good friends playing games, shopping, etc. energizes me. If I am having fun, I don't think about how tired I am, if I am having fibro pain, etc.
4. Last time you went to the beach?: I went to the beach last week with my sister. When we are at my cottage, we usually take out our boat and go swimming in deeper (and cleaner) water, but when we were alone last week (my dad aka the captain was away), we walked down to the beach and had a picnic/swim.
5. What makeup or beauty products do you use to fight shine?: I try to use an oil free primer and then of course, face powder (MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural).
6. What would you do if you had one extra hour of free time today?: I don't think I want an extra hour of free time today. I would like to keep busy, so my mind isn't focused on this diet. As it is, I have spent the majority of the past two days in bed, bored. Luckily, I am in the middle of a really good book (Jen Lancaster's Jeneration X) which has kept me entertained for the majority of this afternoon.
7. Have you ever bought anything after watching an informercial?: My mom and I bought a shake weight for my sister as a joke. The TV commercials make them look really easy to use (in fact, I thought they were battery powered), but they are actually really hard to shake.
8. Can you count how many times you’ve watched Dirty Dancing?: I don't know. I mean, it's not that I can't count high enough, but I'm not sure how many times I have seen it. I would say more than 10 and less than 50.
9. Heroes or villains?: It depends on the way the movie is set up. Sometimes they set up the plot so that you are cheering for the villain the entire time.
10. Weekly goals: Keep on truckin' with this diet. I know a lot of people cheat while on this (I read about people eating full meals when they weren't supposed to), but I figure if I can't stick to a diet for 2 weeks, how am I am going to stick to one the rest of my life.
If you decide to answer the questions, leave your responses or the link to your responses in the comment section below.
Hope you all have a great week.