This fall, Lancôme Cosmetics draws inspiration from the heart of Parisian fashion with their new Fall 2014 'French Idole' Collection. With shades of Malachite Green and Brown Amethyst, both channeled from the hottest men's fashion catwalks, the gorgeous, shimmering new collection is, as Lancôme says, 'reminiscent of precious stones'. With three stunning nail polishes, a new lipstick and one of the most beautiful jewel-toned eyeshadow palettes you have ever seen, the new collection is effortlessly chic, and absolutely perfect for fall.
"Casual style meets shimmering gems. Lancôme pays homage to the Parisienne, her independence and resolutely effortless chic, playing with the rules of fashion to make them all her own".
Below is a closer look at some of the items from Lancôme's new 'French Idole' Collection:
Lancôme Hypnose Palette in DR07- Malachite & Améthyste ($54 CND):
With a 'harmony of uber chic khakis' and deep vibrant purples, Lancôme's newest jewel toned Hypnose palette screams fall. Beautifully pigmented, all of the shadows in the new palette work in harmony to create a soft smoky look perfect for both day and night. While slightly drier in texture, all five shadows in the palette are incredibly easy to blend leaving behind absolutely no chalky build-up or powdery fallout. Below is a closer look at each of the shades in the new 'Malachite & Améthyste' palette:
1) A deep khaki green with golden undertones and finely milled iridescent gold shimmer, this shade makes for a beautiful all over lid and/or crease colour.
2) A deep, almost blackened plum with finely milled iridescent purple shimmer, this shade can be used as both an eyeshadow and an eyeliner (wet or dry).
3) A deep, smoky, slightly blackened purple with iridescent purple, green and gold shimmer, this shade works beautifully in the crease and outer-v to create a more dramatic eye look.
4) A light khaki green with large chunks of golden glitter, this shade looks beautiful packed all over the lid.
5) A shimmering cream with iridescent gold glitter. this shade makes for a beautiful inner corner highlight (personally I think its a little too glittery to be used as a brow bone highlight).
Lancôme Hypnose Palette in 'Malachite & Améthyst'
Lancome Vernis in Love Nail Polish in '439 Topaz Rose' and '387 Améthyst Brune' ($18 CND/each):
As part of the new Parisian inspired 'French Idole' collection, Lancôme introduces three new limited-edtion jewel toned nail polishes (two of which can be seen above). Beautifully pigmented, these iridescent polishes apply smoothly and opaquely in just two coats. Below is a closer look at two of the new 'French Idole' polishes:
1) 439 Topaz Rose: A goregeous shimmering berry with an iridescent pink sheen, this stunning polish applies opaquely in two coats, lasting well over a week on nails (I wore this shade for two weeks straight with no chipping).
2) 387 Amethyst Brune: A deep smoky, almost blackened purple with a lighter iridescent purple sheen, this polish applies opaquely in two coats giving nails a unique vampy feel.
What do you think of the new Lancôme 'French Idole' Collection? Will you be picking anything up? Which of the items above would you most like to get your hands on?