With Sephora's annual 20% off VIB sale just around the corner (November 5th for VIB Rouge Members, November 6th for VIBS), I thought I would have a little look around the Sephora website to see what items I wanted to add to my wish list. While I can say with certainty I won't be picking all of the following items up (I can't afford to spend $199 on a hair kit even if the yellow blow dryer is super cute!), I thought it would be fun to share some of my wish list picks with you.
1) NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in 'Subra' ($33 CND): While at $33 CND each, NARS's new 'Dual Intensity Eyeshadows' are quite pricey, they are definitely some of the best quality shadows I own. Having two of the shades already ('Callisto' and 'Desdemona'), I can't wait to get my hands on more, and have my eyes locked on 'Subra', a blackened orchid, perfect for a creating a dramatic smoky eye.
2) Beauty Blender Micro Mini Sponges ($24 CND): While over the years I have tried several different brushes and sponges to apply my foundation, I always come back to the original Beauty Blender. A soft sponge that doubles in size when wet, the Beauty Blender is the perfect tool when it comes to creating an airbrushed finish. With the success of the original Beauty Blender, the brand has introduced a new micro mini sponge that works to apply and blend makeup onto the 'smallest parts of the face'. As someone who is always struggling with making my under eye concealer appear smooth (and not creased and cakey), this is one item I will for sure be picking up during the VIB Sale.
3) Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum ($68 CND): After receiving a deluxe sample of Perricone MD's 'No Foundation Foundation Serum' with one of my Sephora purchases, I have fallen head over heels in love. Completely weightless, this foundation, which works to minimize the appearance of fine lines and imperfections, blends like a dream, giving skin a natural, dewy finish. While extremely pricey at $68 CND (woah!), it has become one of my holy grail makeup products and is, in my opinion, well worth the price.
4) NARS Audacious Lipstick in 'Anna' and 'Liv' ($37 CND): Truthfully, it has been months since I've worn lipstick. While I love the way it looks on my lips, I find even the most hydrating lipsticks to be somewhat drying after a few hours wear, and have been sticking to moisturizing tinted balms instead (or sometimes good old Carmex). With that said, I can't help but lust after NARS's new line of Audacious Lipsticks. With 30 shades to choose from, it was hard to pick my favourite, but Anna, a nude smokey rose is definitely at the top of my list (To be honest, me and my lips will probably just admire it from afar).
5) Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con Palette in 'The Dreamer' ($71 CND): Let's be honest, I need another neutral eyeshadow palette like I need a hole in my head, but that doesn't stop me from drooling over Marc Jacobs' 'The Dreamer' palette. With soft browns, rose golds and warm bronzes, this palette is right up my alley, but will sadly be staying on Sephora shelves as I can't bring myself to buy yet another neutral palette at this time (what in the world is happening to me?!).
6) Dry Bar Big Hair Don't Care Holiday Set ($199 CND): As my hair has been getting longer and longer (finally!), I have become more obsessed with hair care products. Having tried Dry Bar's 'Lemon Drop Detangler Brush', I really want to try more items from the ridiculously cute line. Despite my love for all that is bright yellow, I really don't need another blow dryer (the one I have works perfectly) so I will most likely be checking out some of their smaller (and less expensive) products during the VIB Sale.
7) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder in 'Opal' ($46 CND): It is only within the past year that I have become absolutely obsessed with highlighters. I am without a doubt a dewy/glowy skin lover who can't add highlighting products to my collection fast enough (it's my new blush addiction). Having heard so many amazing things about Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors, I am itching to get my hands on one of them, and Opal, a golden opal pearl, sounds like something I need (not want, need).
8) Tangle Teezer Compact Styler ($25 CND): With long hair comes a ton of tangles (brushing my hair out each morning has become torturous) and, while I do like the Dry Bar brush mentioned above, my insanely thick mane is starting to bend and break some of the bristles. Having heard nothing but rave reviews about the Tangle Teezer, I've decided to give it a try while it is on sale. Hopefully my hair (and scalp) will thank me.
9) Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($19 CND): Having heard so many amazing reviews about Caudalie's 'Beauty Elixir', I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try a couple of months ago (I honestly thought it was just going to be overpriced water in a fancy bottle). Well, my fellow beauty addicts, I am in love! A blend of essential oils and plant active ingredients, this part-toner, part serum mist, works to 'smooth skin, tighten pores and provide an instant burst of radiance'. Basically, it feels absolutely refreshing (I like to spray it on both before and after I apply my makeup), locks in makeup and keeps skin nicely hydrated throughout the day. I am almost done my first bottle of 'Beauty Elixir' and will definitely be picking up another one during the sale.
10) GLAMGLOW Gift Sexy Set ($76 CND): When it comes to face masks, GLAMGLOW is definitely one of the best brands on the market. Having recently tried a sample of the brand's 'THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Mask' I can't wait to get my hands on a tub of it (it feels so cooling and hydrating), and think this gift set, which includes a full sized 'THIRSTYMUD' as well as a mini 'SUPERMUD' and a mini 'YOUTHMUD' is definitely the way to go (the gift set is the same prize as the full sized 'THIRSTYMUD' tub on its own).